1. Catch a movie. Have you seen First Position? I loved it.
2. See a play. True Minds by Joanna Murray-Smith and The Melbourne Theatre Company is on now for Melbournians, it sounds hilarious.
3. Pack a picnic for the park. A classic.
4. Go to the ballet. Symmetries by The Australian Ballet will be playing soon at the Canberra Theatre Centre if you're in the capitol.
5. How can you go wrong with a lovely coffee date catch up?
Myself, I'm waiting until next month and going to the ballet with my mum and the kiddo for a belated celebration -- I can't wait! This weekend I think I'll be studying.
What would your ideal Mother's Day treat be? A day alone in bed perhaps? I'd love to hear!
Movie ticket wall sign on Etsy. True Minds image by Jeff Busby. Basket from Boho Morroco. Kirsty Martin as photographed by Justin Smith. Picnic and coffee images unknown, please contact me if you know the credit.